Wide Screen on GP2, how it works?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Tiki1810
GP2 Newbie

Wide Screen on GP2, how it works?

Post by Tiki1810 »

Hi!

Merry Christmas to everybody :)

So now GP2 works, but i have another problem since few minutes..
I got a brand new wide screens monitor as christmas present but now (as expected) screen is toooo wide..
How can i fix it?
It's good to have a new screen, because my old one has some pixel errors, but its bad to have a wide screen.

Of course on other game i can fix the problem in setup, but not on gp2.

Someone has the answer?

Thanks

Roman
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: Wide Screen on GP2, how it works?

Post by RacerBG »

Well GP2 doeshnt support wide screens but I have a solution if you play with DOSBOX :arrow:

Open the DOSBOX config file and look at this lines :-$

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=1024x768
windowresolution=1024x768
output=overlay

What is so important->First look at fullscreen I had enable it, lets dont touch fulldouble.
Well the full resolution is important :!: My is 1024x768, here you MUST write yours like me :!:
Then windowresolution the same like previews one - write your resolution here :wink: Then close the config file and save it.

And congratulations you had maje it 8)

Merry Christmas and happy racing from Bulgaria :wink:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I also have a widescreen monitor but GP2 is automatically re-sized with black bars either side so it's in proportion. I use VDMSound to run it rather than DOSBox.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Check the monitor's settings. There should be options to scale the resolution or to use original aspect ratio when there is black bars (if ratio is different from monitor's original).